Our Music Program encourages everyone to get involved in the musical life of the congregation. There are many opportunities for those who play an instrument or sing. A full copy of our Fall 2016 Rehearsal Schedule is available here.
- The Adult Choir is open to all adults who are interested in singing. This voice ensemble of 35-40 singers performs during regular services throughout the year. Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. in the sanctuary. Sunday morning warm-ups are held 45 minutes before the service.
- The Chamber Choir is a small vocal ensemble that requires an audition. This ensemble performs during services throughout the year. Rehearsals are held twice a month, on Wednesday evenings from 8:20 to 9:20 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- The Children’s Choir performs during the school year, and is open to all kindergarteners through fifth-graders. Rehearsals are held on Sundays from 10:30 to 11 a.m. in the Sanctuary, beginning the third Sunday in September and running through the end of May. To sign your child up for the Children’s Choir, please complete the 2016/17Children’s Choir Registration Form. For more information, contact Donna Fisher firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Song Leaders assist in leading congregational hymn singing when choirs are not present. Song leaders rehearse on Sunday mornings in advance of each service.
- The Handbell Ensemble uses a set of 4-octave Malmark handbells to create beautiful sounds. Rehearsals are held Wednesday evenings from 6 to 7 p.m. in the sanctuary.
- If you are interested in being a guest singer or instrumentalist, contact Director of Music John Herrick, or call 704-366-8623, Ext. 6037.
Community building is an important part of the Music Program, which includes regular social gatherings, an annual progressive potluck dinner and a yearly retreat. Holiday outreach activities include Christmas caroling and “Singing Valentine” visits to area assisted-living facilities. UUCC musicians also participate in:
- Annual singer/songwriter coffeehouse
- Winter Solstice service
- Music Sunday service
- Summer Choir
- Southeast District (UU) Choir Festival and other concerts
The Music Program also coordinates music for the Children and Youth Religious Education (CYRE) Program.
For More Information About the Music Program
To get involved in the Music Program, contact Director of Music John Herrick, or call 704-366-8623, Ext. 6037.